Homeowner Assistance Fund Now Open
Kentucky homeowners financially impacted by COVID can now apply for assistance through the Team Kentucky Homeowner Assistance Fund, a federal program that provides homeowners help with their mortgage and housing-related expenses so they can avoid foreclosure.
Apply for Assistance button below to start an application. If you need help uploading documents, watch this instructional video.
Apply for Assistance
Qualifying homeowners* may receive up to $35,000 in assistance to repay delinquent mortgage bills, utility payments, insurance premiums, property taxes and homeowner's association fees. Payments will be made directly to the agencies owed. A complete list of participating servicers is here.
For an overview of the program as well as other options to help you recover from the financial impacts of COVID, watch
the video below. For details about eligibility and documentation required for your application, click the buttons below. You can also view answers to frequently asked questions.
- Funds will be available until fully expended or September 30, 2025, whichever comes first.
- Homeowners must meet certain income guidelines. Check the income calculator to see if you qualify.
- Applicants must be living in the home, and were living in it during the pandemic hardship, for which they are applying for assistance.
Utilities include electric, water, sewer and gas.
- To qualify, homeowners must work with a
participating HAF housing counselor, who will walk them through the process. Click here to contact a counselor.
- Homeowners must provide verification of income and an assessment of their home and property.
- All documents will be electronically signed.
*Eligibility does not guarantee approval of funds.
For more Homeowner Assistance Fund videos,
Before the application portal could open and Team Kentucky could offer relief to homeowners, it had to accomplish five goals. We are now in Step 5: Program Open.
Looking for the Media Toolkit? Visit the HOAF Media Toolkit page for media resources including videos and press releases for the Team Kentucky HOAF program. To see additional help available to Kentuckians in need, visit Kentucky Housing Corporation's resources page.